Babywearing International, Inc. (BWI) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization whose mission is to promote babywearing as a universally accepted practice, with benefits for both child and caregiver, through education and support.
As an organization BWI seeks to:
- provide information about the benefits of babywearing for both children and caregivers;
- provide high quality educational information about the types of carriers and their proper usage;
- enlist members of the medical community, birth professionals, and child care providers as babywearing facilitators;
- to further advancements in research about the benefits of babywearing and babywearing techniques
- be a resource for researchers and other professionals who are looking for evidence-based information about babywearing.
Does your business or organization cater to a demographic of caregivers who could benefit from carrying children in baby carriers?
Would you like Babywearing International of Wichita educators come speak to your staff and/or clients about babywearing?
Are you holding a special event for caregivers, children or parents in which attendees might be interested in learning about the benefits of babywearing?
Please contact us at Wichita@BabywearingInternational.org to discuss how a partnership with BWI of Wichita could benefit your organization! We cannot accomplish our mission without the invaluable support of this community!
Some examples of community outreach can and have offered in the past:
- Babywearing 101 classes for parenting groups, medical staff or children’s retailers
- Classes or demonstrations tailored to a specific audience (eg, babywearing with a focus on postpartum depression, premature infants, special needs wearing, lactation consultants, etc.)
- Lending Library pop-up for large or small events to perform demonstrations and hand-on fit checks
- Vendor table at events or expos staffed with volunteer babywearing educators to answer community questions, provide demonstrations and perform carrier fit-checks for attendees
- Carrier drives and educational materials for local health offices and public health initiatives
- Educational materials on safety, babywearing benefits and types of carriers that can be distributed to clients and/or staff